2009-04-04 05:04:51

I want a room in the forum for arranje multiplayer games for Top Speed, Sound RTS and other games.
There is a room or heven in General game discussion for organice this multiplayer games?
Thanks

Sorry for my bad English. I'm from Argentina and my level speaking this language is low.

2009-04-04 11:48:20

Hmm interesting idea.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2009-04-04 15:07:23

Is this shared by the community? Do we need a special room for arranging multiplayer or can this be done in the general discussion room?

2009-04-04 15:23:24

That is where it has always been done in the past, and it always seemed to work. I haven't seen  many of these kind of topics of late. That said if anyone else wants to chime in they might have another viewpoint.

If people felt they needed a specific place then perhaps a sticky topic would suffice?

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2009-04-04 20:25:56

This idea is good, post a new topic in the general game discussion for multiplayer on some games (example: Top Speed multiplayer games, Sound RTS multiplayer games). If this is implemented of this way, the people can subscribe to the interested topic's.

Sorry for my bad English. I'm from Argentina and my level speaking this language is low.

2009-04-04 23:08:34

Trouble is having separate topics for each game will gunk up the top of the room. People have to skip by them to get to the discussion topics. There are already 2 topics in the general discussion. If you add one for top speed and one for Sound RTS that puts it up to 4.

Also small note, Sound RTS has a central server ability. So long as you don't choose a private server anyone with SoundRTS set up can join you anyway in a game run from your computer.

cx2
-----

2009-04-04 23:10:18

All this is correct,
Thanks for the idea

2009-05-24 08:56:45

Hmmmm, I should check this part of the forum more often.

How about a single multiplayer sticky topic for the time being. There are afterall a number of multiplayer games other than sound rts such as the ones from vip gameszone, apart from any other new ones which might turn up later, and a general multiplayer games arrangement topic could serve all needs for all games, without cluttering up the top of the general discussion room too much.

does that sound workable?

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2009-05-24 21:05:20

If you refer to Sound RTS, there is a server list. When someones host a game, the server is automaticalli added to the list, except if the person that host the game select Private Server as Server Tipe

2009-05-24 22:37:41

A general game arrangement thread could work, if we use the same idea Senderman had for the guest room at one point - delete and recreate the topic when it gets too huge. This would keep it from getting into a multi page monstrosity.

I would also suggest a rule that you do not discuss games in there, only announce them. This would also help stop it getting too big. We could change our minds on this if it proved not to be an issue of course.

cx2
-----