2016-01-28 19:11:39

I did thee step and it works as should.
I have a suggestion I wanna this addon for morokuma's games.
It needs applocale which doesnt works on windows 10.
These games are an audio text based games.
It will be nice if you can do that

2016-01-28 19:13:55

I am given to wonder if there is a reason this shouldn't eventually result in your server holding the complete Google Translations of the games, cutting down on the calls to the API dramatically. ^_^

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2016-01-28 20:23:26

Hello, I've tried a lot this add-on, but I have a problem. The add-on trhanslate the japanese text but doesn't read it automatically. To hear the translated text I have to press insert + c to read the clipboard. And I have enabled with control insert shift y the autotranslate mode. Another problem is that if I don't change the keyboard to japanese doesn't read and translate correctly. I have Windows 8.1 64 bit and Nvda 2015.4.
What can I do?
Thanks

2016-01-28 21:47:54

reguarding the translation issue, if you're getting incorrect grammer, that's normal for japanese games. so normal in fact that the word "engrish" was coined.

be a hero and stop Coppa now!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dkm … DkWZ8/edit
-id software, 1995

2016-01-28 22:32:06 (edited by Riad 2016-01-28 22:52:29)

@Ian Keep up the awesome and great work! I actually don't translate from Japanese in things other then Nyanchin's products, especially BK2 and BK3. First when I saw the description I thought that the add-on can't translate texts in places other then BK3 and Shadow Rine, but both BK2 and BK1 seem to work, I still didn't try it on Shadow rine nor did I try the whole game due to lag of time. So the question here is: are we allowed to use the service for these too previous BKs, or any Japanese game it works on? I'm actually not playing that long since work and studies are taking most of my day so I come from time to time to check the forums and to comment if needed, but this revolutionary, yet great and awesome add-on is something we can't just read without giving you a bit of motivation and support. And my question here is, do you accept donations? I haven't seen such button on your site, but I think you should put one because many are wishing to give you a little "thank you" for your projects including games and other things like this add-on, in which you're paying to give a service to others for free. Keep it up, and sorry if my post is boring, long, or whatever.
Regards!

2016-01-28 22:53:26

@CAEJones, that is the hope. smile
There will always be some cases that can result in more new text to translate.
For instance when you put things in the warehouse in BK3, it combines many statements telling you what it is putting in the warehouse into a single string.
With the number of items in the game, you can imagine how many possible combinations there are.
But all the storyline and normal menu translations should eventually approach a complete database of translations.
Fortunately google has very reasonable pricing.
I don't have a good idea of how much text is actually in each game, so it will be interesting to see how many translation records we have when things slow down.

@ambro86, which game are you playing, and have you set the game to output to NVDA?
If the game is outputting to the clipboard, that would explain why it is not being automatically read and why you need the Japanese keyboard.
The instructions I gave for ShadowRine explain how to get it to output to NVDA.
A fresh install of BK3 is set to automatically detect NVDA so needs no changes.
If you've changed either game to output to the clipboard then you'll have to fix that.

@Riad, thanks very much.
Yes, I started with ShadowRine and BK3 because they are the 2 I have played and so I can give step by step instructions for them.
But everyone is welcome to use the addon for any of the BK games.
I'm glad to hear the addon works for BK2.
I'm surprised it worked on Nyanchin's website.
I'll be adding support for other Japanese games as I get time, as long as they don't have problems that would introduce an infinite or exponential number of translations.
Wow, thanks very much for the offer of a donation.
I don't currently have any way to accept donations, but maybe I'll look into that at some point.

~ Ian Reed
Visit BlindGamers.com to rate blind accessible games and see how others have rated them.
Try my free JGT addon, the easy way to play Japanese games in English.
Or try the free games I've created.

2016-01-28 23:17:07

hey Ian reed,
I haven't tried the add-on yet,
but When I downloaded q translate, the file had a virus.
anyway, can this ad-on support more than bk3 as well?
it would be nice if bk2 was supported, and bk1.
also, I'm using NVDA 2015.1.
do I also need pro-talker english?

2016-01-28 23:26:14

Hi Nick,
Yes, it is fine to use the addon for BK1 and BK2.  I haven't tested them myself, but others have verified it works in BK2 at least.
ShadowRine is also an option.
I want to add more games as I get time, I just need to make sure they won't result in an infinite number of translations.
You do not need pro talker English.
I've tested the addon with 2015.3 and 2015.4 and they both work, I expect 2015.1 will work as well.
Others have pointed out that the addon does not work with the latest NVDA snapshots.

~ Ian Reed
Visit BlindGamers.com to rate blind accessible games and see how others have rated them.

2016-01-28 23:39:16

Thanks, Ian, now I set Shadow Line to make output throug Nvda and all works very well! Please continue!

2016-01-29 00:07:36

Some problems:
The addon doesn't work with my snapshot.
There isn't an ian_shared.py, only ian_shared.pyo.
Until I remove the reference to that from translator.py, the addon won't load.

Next, your webserver should be reconfigured to serve nvda-addon files with the correct content type for the IE users.
For Apache, create a .htaccess file with this in it:

AddType application/x-nvda-addon .nvda-addon

I also get this error when quitting NVDA:

ERROR - globalPluginHandler.terminate (14:03:51):
Error terminating global plugin <globalPlugins.Ian Reed's Japanese games translator.GlobalPlugin object at 0x04BECEF0>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "globalPluginHandler.pyc", line 40, in terminate
  File "C:\Users\tyler\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\Ian Reed's Japanese games translator\globalPlugins\Ian Reed's Japanese games translator\__init__.py", line 169, in terminate
NameError: global name 'JGT_oldSpeak' is not defined

2016-01-29 00:08:07

americandad, the result of incorrect grammar here and Engrish are not the same thing. Not quite, anyway. The incorrect grammar is from the use of google translate, which is different... games like King of Fighters and Samurai Showdown make liberal use of Engrish on purpose as a humour point. This instance is just the fact that Google translate or any other computer service can only do so much. lol

Discord: clemchowder633

2016-01-29 00:13:29

Would it be possible to play the text game maker games? Mostly the games from morokuma, link is in the articles room. Those are the games I play the most. Not sure how menues would work though, since you have to do nvda plus numpad 5 thrice to copy menu items to the clipboard. These are amazing games, I'll check this out promptly.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2016-01-29 00:28:10

Nick wrote:

hey Ian reed,
I haven't tried the add-on yet,
but When I downloaded q translate, the file had a virus.
anyway, can this ad-on support more than bk3 as well?
it would be nice if bk2 was supported, and bk1.
also, I'm using NVDA 2015.1.
do I also need pro-talker english?

if you downloaded the q translate that I shared, that q translate no viruses.
best regards.

sorry my english, is not my native language.

2016-01-29 00:34:58

Hi,
This addon sounds great and I'll try it with Shadow Rine.
As for other games to support, BK2 would be great as I seriously doubt that will ever be translated. BK3 is more popular, for good reason.
Then, because app Locale doesn't work on Windows 10, it would be great if somehow we can get the text games of Morakuma in this addon. Alternative Magic, Tia Story series, Heaven:Ground War, etc.
I hope this addon doesn't stop the BK3 translation project, however.

2016-01-29 00:43:18

@tspivey, thanks very much.
Python is not my core language and I am new to writing NVDA addons, so my code is a bit hacky.
I'll have a look at the suggestions you gave.

@stirlock and Orin, I am going to look into the morokuma games soon.
I've never played any of them, which is why they are not yet supported, but I just received an email explaining how great they are.
Hopefully I can support them.

~ Ian Reed

2016-01-29 02:54:13

Just waiting for the add-on to work with the snapshots, because I use the snapshots and don't feel like downgrading. But really good work here Ian, and I've been on the fence about playing shadow line so this should get me into it.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2016-01-29 03:47:11 (edited by Orin 2016-01-29 04:33:53)

Well, I just attempted to play battlestar, battlenet, the game that came out in May 2015 by Galaxy Lab. It is the beat-em-up. However, my current issue right now is that App Locale won't work on Windows 10, the Japanese pack won't install it keeps coming up with an error, even though I'm admin, and NVDA-SHFT-U only seems to come back with the Japanese because the language pack isn't installed. I removed the Language pack because I was getting native Windows dialogues etc in Japanese. To clarify, I installed it for the first time without problems once, removed it due to frustration with everyday tasks, and now cannot install it again.
I wonder if we can do something about this in regard to the addon. Why, for example, does BK3 not need app Locale and this new game does? It's using the HSP engine that BK uses, SR I think as well, also doesn't need App Locale.
Edit: Just installed Shadow Rine. It's not translating. That is, the translation addon is actually working, but it is reading the Japanese text and not the English text. Is this a Windows 10 issue? App Locale is no longer supported under Windows 10 apparently, and App Locale text games do the same thing.

2016-01-29 05:47:58

Hey ean, very amazing, but can you add support for spanish translation?
And if a game is not in japanese, but in an other language, in the future can you change the name jgt to lgt?

73 Wj3u

2016-01-29 05:52:51

I just fixed some of the issues:
The addon should now properly tell you when your session has expired, instead of just saying blank on everything you try to translate.
The ian_shared.pyo thing is fixed, so the addon might work on NVDA snapshots now, but I don't have those to test with.  Feel free to try it.
I added the .htaccess file so internet explorer won't rename the file extension when downloading.

@tspivey, thanks for the tips.

~ Ian Reed

2016-01-29 06:21:28

Great job! It is working now. I tested it.
Ian, will you inform us when you have added new games for this addon?

2016-01-29 07:29:21

yay thankyou so so  so so mutch its so cool i love it good job

2016-01-29 08:45:07

Hi, when I run SR for the first time, I just get buttons in JP. and I am logged in to JGT and it is running. Not sure what is going on.

2016-01-29 10:17:37 (edited by Riad 2016-01-29 10:18:38)

For all asking about the BK series, all its games work with the add-on, I don't know other than that, since these are the only Japanese games I play right now. But I'll definitively have a look at SR today.
@Ian sorry, I said Nyanchin's site by mistake, I meant BK1 but just said one instead of the other tongue
I've edited my post a bit to show the changes.
If anyone needs an audio explanation about how to play BK1 and BK2 with the add-on, tell me and I'll do one.
Regards!

2016-01-29 13:27:27

Hello all. so question. I am playing shadow Rine and when I go into the game itself, the startup dialog does not translate, but everything else does just fine... Is there something I need to do? I have the latest version of the game.

Jonathan Candler, A.K.A, Jonnyboy

2016-01-29 15:21:49

Very cool addon and have really been enjoying it. Recently when I tried to run it I got a time out hand shake error with the server. I love the concept though and would be willing to help fund future developments.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven