2008-10-25 05:41:06

Hi all,
I was talking to someone from the forums just a few minutes ago on skype and I won't say who it is but for some strange reason they called me a mental patient and wont have anything to do with me.
I don't know why they were always nice before they said that someone told them that I was a mental patient and made him swear on the bible never to say who it was.
I want to make this perfectly clear!
I am not a mental patient and don't know why people have to believe anything they hear.
Sure its true that I had surgery a few months ago but that doesn't mean that I am a mental patient.
I just want to let you know this so that if any of you find out from an unknown person who I think I know who they are if they say anything about me it isn't true.
I'm sorry for posting all this on here but I wanted to make this perfectly clear that I am not a mental patient and people shouldn't believe everything they hear.

Sorry for rambling on I had to say something before I totally lost it.
Has anyone said anything to you guys about me and if so what was it?
Again sorry for posting this.
Hope you can help,
Dan

i used to take things in life for granted...
now i have a beautiful daughter, and she means the world to me.
(at 19, i can say this is harder than it sounds)

2008-10-25 06:19:02

If I had heard anything on the forum, not being in the loop via skype etc, I would most assuredly tell you and lock or delete the topic... but I haven't.

I'm sorry for this, but frankly anyone who thinks having surgery on one's head makes you a mental patient is just unbelievably stupid. I doubt in most cases brain surgery would even have any useful impact on people with mental illnesses. It's like trying to remove a virus from your computer by opening up the hard drive and tinkering around with it, just doesn't work. I also believe it isn't unusual for people with visual impairments to require such operations, since surprise surprise the problem area is in the head.

I'm genuinely sorry you've had such a rumour going around. You can be sure that if anyone was to make such rumours about you or any other member through the forum myself and Dark would deal with it appropriately.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2008-10-25 13:26:57

Ditto, we would. And also there's the fact that in the vast majority of cases, just because a person might have had a mental problem and assistance for it, that doesn't make them any less of a reasonable human being anyway, and anyone who thinks so is just showing how stupid they themselves are.

so even if said remarks were true, said person is stil being an idiot.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2008-10-25 13:50:58

Very true Dark, especially in cases such as depression which falls under that general category.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2008-10-27 16:25:46

FuriousD
, they might not considder you a mental patient. they must considder you an hero because you survived. because this kind of problem requires a bit of risk.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2008-10-28 08:34:56

I agree with what's been said, rather pathetic that they call you a mental patient indeed.

2008-10-29 02:21:13

Hi Arjan,
I didn't want to say this but it seems you don't know about it. It was you on skype who called me a mental patient.
I don't know if that was actually you or someone else all I know is that it was from your Skype.
I hope it wasn't you but if it was then please say so.
Thanks.

2008-10-31 02:52:00

dude then how is it a rumor if you know it came from his skype name?

Connor

2008-10-31 13:50:11

This brings up a question for me. How easy is it to still someones skype name or is it choosing a screen name that is close to someone elses enough to cause a problem like this?

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2008-11-04 22:22:02

My skype name does not have the word arjan in it actually, and I'm actually kind of confused here. I've no clue what's going on.

2008-11-05 00:14:20

Your Skype name is not arjan but your display name on skype is.
I'm confused too.

2008-11-05 09:57:10

The display name can easily be changed to confuse people, so you can't make sure who said the bad things about you if you don't know the persons voice.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2008-11-05 20:53:05 (edited by mastodont 2008-11-06 19:44:44)

but why does some one wants to do this?

Stephen King

2008-11-06 00:52:44

If indeed this madman saying things about you has sworn on the bible then God will deal with him in do time.  Thanks for being who you are?

2008-11-06 01:30:02

look. dan, just forget it alright?
rumors just bring trouble for everyone involved, don't even worry, whoever started it, your helping them by sounding concerned, this whole thing isn't even worth your time man

Connor

2008-11-06 03:34:38

yeah he's right don't feed it and it will die off!

2008-11-06 19:48:16

CJ, i agree with you. if he said that this don't mean that is true.

Stephen King

2008-11-07 02:37:06

amen

Connor