2008-08-13 22:08:57

I know there is a huge load of spa,m here. I don't know if there is any special arrangement needed to block it in future so I've contacted Richard who has the admin priveliges, and I'm not deleting the posts just yet so he can see the accounts and IP addresses should he need to in order to make certain whoever is doing this is hopefully stopped.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2008-08-13 22:26:58

Aah, I knew you'd come in the nick of time. Me and elliott were like, "we gotta do something!" and elliott was like "there's nothing that we really can do, just wait".
I'm sure that this'll get sorted.

2008-08-13 23:55:12

LOL. I wondered why all that stuff appear to come from the same person with everything not to do with this site, but to do with adds. Anyway, I hope it gets gone to never show its ugly face  again, but I know that won't happon. Oh it will get deleted, but..
Anyway thanks for what you are doing. It must be hard.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2008-08-14 08:58:07

I removed the user and all the posts. Was quite easy! smile
This n i k e s h o e s h u a[at]hotmail.com guy is really annoying. Too bad we can't do anything about this and he keeps selling his stupid fake shoes.

2008-08-14 10:25:41

If they're fake we could report it to Nike wink

Otherwise I agree sadly.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2008-08-14 15:10:54

Yeah, spam is quite annoying. Looking at all of it last night, wow that wasa lot.

Anyway, good thing we've got it all sorted out. Thanks a lot Sendermen CX2 and all the other moderators on here. Must be tough gettin' rid of all this crap postings.

2008-08-14 15:14:21

Actually Senderman just had to ban the user to ban the email and IP, then delete the user along with all the posts in one go.

When stuff like this happens me or Dark have to contact Richard or Senderman to do the deletion/banning, since we don't seem able to do so - we can only clean up topics, which frankly would have been a lot of work with that lot, and lock or move topics.

cx2
-----

2008-08-14 16:55:10

I'm glad it's all sorted out. Can moderators edit every post and delete every post as well?
i mean on your posts, you get repot, edit, delete and quote, but i think moderators see that all the time, on every ttopic, on every post. Sort of interesting, actually.

2008-08-14 22:33:17

Yes. We also get IP address, and the ability to send email directly instead of via the forum. Obviously this will vary from forum to forum, and even two forums on the same software could have different priveliges for the same positions.

cx2
-----

2008-08-14 23:47:17

Wow, that is quite cool though that you can edit, delete and see IP addresses, which is pretty cool

2008-08-15 00:58:51

LOL. Didn't know some of the stuff I would learn from this topic. Is there anything else that can be done in those positions?

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2008-08-15 09:29:25

I can only speak for this board, but it's possible for me or Dark to adjust the spam filters.

Other boards of course will have different possibilities.

cx2
-----