2015-08-06 19:44:03

hi
Anyone trying to make an audiogame with autoit?
I want to make an audio game using autoit. Is this possible?
I think autoit is the easiest programing language I've ever seen.
And anyone trying or tried to make audiogame using autoit?
If so, what kind of game?
Thanks

2015-08-06 20:53:39

Hello,
I think there were once people who made audiogames in autoit, but I think they stoppe because it was hard getting stuff to work, or things used up a lot of memory. There were side scrollers, a sort of train sim, and a few other things but even the compiled versions eventually stopped working. I'm not really too sure what to suggest, unfortunately.

2015-08-06 23:53:54

Yes, I created a few games in auto it. Most of them were unpublished because they were in various stages of completeness.

Is it doable? Yes, and many, many people here started with Autoit before BGT became a thing. Dragon apps is one example, operation black square is done entirely in autoit. Should you do it? You can, though I wouldn't recommend it. It lacks some more advanced features like structures and isn't really designed for game development, though it can be done with the right libraries. I would suggest you take a look at Pure Basic. You will be able to cary over many things you already know from autoit here, (IE just like in autoit, pure basic starts and ends blocks with If/EndIf, While/Wend ), haas some more advanced features that will come in useful when making larger games, is cross platform if you're willing to work around some bugs, and has a very good debugger. Then there's also BGT, which is also an option but I personally wouldn't suggest it because it isn't really developed anymore and you can't really make programs apart from games with it, while pure basic, and autoit for that matter are much more versatile and, IMO easier.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2015-08-11 13:00:09

I made few simple games with AutoIt, but they are not in public stage. If you want to see them, please contact me.

2015-08-13 20:11:09

hello,
yes you can make games in autoIT
scape scate is a game that intirely made in AutoIT
and AutoIT itself is only 11 mb