2015-06-27 05:25:06

I notice that the Elf race is the most difficult to beat when played by an AI. On an 8 player map with 1 AI ally and 6 AI enemies, it is easy to win the game.
I am looking to pay a coder to beef up AI aggressiveness and code the vermin AI.

2015-06-27 06:04:09

Indeed, in the melee, elves have the advantage of, so I'll victory at all costs to exterminate the elves, the premise is that I must be familiar with the map.

2015-07-02 01:02:29

Now that I think about it, it is not easy as in a one hour job to beat six AI players. The mod is awesome BTW. After a single concerted attack about 20-30 minutes into the game my forward units face a procession of 1-3 weak units per minute. There is no change when I let the game last 90 minutes and exit the game with five NPCs. I would like to be attacked by all npcs at once every five minutes.

2015-07-02 19:14:19

@Wayson Yes, I have noticed some problems about the AI. I have added two issues to the database. There are many more problems of course but I hope to fix at least these two.
https://github.com/soundmud/soundrts/issues/57
https://github.com/soundmud/soundrts/issues/58

2015-07-13 09:43:37 (edited by Tuohai 2015-07-13 09:47:13)

Should chat to strengthen the system, can support multiple languages, and for private chat and public chat, private chat can Alliance players to chat public chat is you can easily talk.Best to support voice chat, if it can be done is really good.

2015-07-13 13:20:43

Hi, I noticed what I assume is a bug: when you're in an alliance and someone in the alliance is defeated and goes into observer mode, you can still see everything that person sees, which is everything. Maybe remove people who are defeated from an alliance?
Don't think in game voice chat is necessary, but having the option to chat to either everyone or just your allies could be useful.

2015-07-13 13:49:30

Voice chat can also be applied to the inside, so that with more efficiency will be higher.

2015-07-13 18:27:44

@zakc93 I'll check this bug. Thanks for the report!

2015-07-14 06:49:51

Hello:
In my opinion, voice chat is impossible, because server performance.
Currently, in maps with a considerable size, when in it are hmmm aprox abobe 450 units  inclusive in local network play, the fluidity of the game decrease.

Well, about chat, @soundmud, can you remove the system, that when a player opens the chat console, the game senter in pause mode?
In all games, starcraft, age of empires, etc, when a players open qteh chat dialo, the simulation continues normally. Is a problem of user if an event occurs when He is writing a message.

This is for, when various players are playing, the games stops so mutch when two or three palyers  are sending messages.

b

2015-07-14 17:24:37

@sanslash332
It will be a bit tricky to make the chat run in parallel, but I agree that it is necessary, unless I remove it and leave it in the lobby as it used to be... No, I'll try to fix it. Thanks for the report.

2015-07-15 05:36:17

Thanks for this.  So this is where all the public servers went to.  The alpha os 1.2 has no one online.  This one seems to have two public multiplayer servers up on it.

2015-07-16 20:21:05

Hi all.   Just thought I'd let you know I'm running a public server, which I believe is called aaronserver running a cloned version from github, the mods crazymod, crazyambiance, and soundpack.  I am using the latest beta of the crazymod which can be downloaded on the crazymod site.  I am unsure if the server will work on version 1.1A9 but it would be interesting to find out.

Speaking of crazymod, I have found a bug in the latest beta.  I don't know if the developers monitor this forum anymore, but elephants with turrets in the savage race are a bit broken.   When they're upgraded, you don't lose the upgrade to elephant with turret option in their menu, so you can press it, and their mana is refilled at no cost instantly when their mana can't even regenerate naturally.  This means you can have about 20 elephants with turrets, use set arrows trap twice, upgrade, repeat, upgrade, repeat, till you have hundreds of the traps.
@soundmud:  How are the numbers for the recorded games generated?  I'm trying to find a game I played a few weeks ago to send it to someone, but finding the correct one requires me to look through each one till I find it within soundrts, then find the file that is linked to/is that game.  Thanks!

I'm probably gonna get banned for this, but...

2015-07-16 21:41:10

@aaron77: I think it's Unix time (number of seconds since Jan 01 1970).
A more readable sortable date format ("YYYY_MM_DD_hh_mm_ss"?) would have been more convenient for sure. I take note.
This site might help: http://www.unixtimestamp.com/
The other option is to check the date of the file (maybe search).

2015-07-17 01:07:29

hmm, I'm sure  there are tools to convert the number of seconds into human-readable time, since that's how many computer clocks opperate isn't it?  I'll have to check out that site.    Otherwise, I'll just use the lovely expanded ls command. thanks!

I'm probably gonna get banned for this, but...

2015-07-30 16:35:42

Is there an update?

73 Wj3u

2015-08-03 21:55:14

@luiscarlosgm: I realize that this question might be about CrazyMod or about SoundRTS, and this is because there is no official topic about SoundRTS (my fault). So, at last, I have created a new topic about SoundRTS: http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.php?id=16669

2015-09-01 00:09:37

@pragma what is the last version of crazymod?
The last release, or beta release that you put on this page is te 9 beta 7, but in your website appear a new beta, the 9 beta 9.
¿what are the changes comparing with the beta 7?

2015-10-05 04:01:59

Hello, since the question was posed, the following information on the latest version of SoundRTS Crasymod:

v9
Race vermin.
Erudite and less powerful ball.
The storm clouds can be started on an adjacent square.
Ghoul cheaper.
The voodoo priest recharge his mana slowly.
Changing the orc race, and fusion of slugger became the troll troll stunner, creating the troll war, creating the rocket shooter, hippogriff cheaper, with a bit more life and 2 rations.
Tunnel handed 200 mana, but the nest recharge twice as fast.
The crab no longer see next.
Meteor now lasts for 5 seconds instead of 30.
Race Dark Elf, see the file.
Replacing the magnetic storm by the magnetic field, the magnetic fields hurts all units including friends, he sees the invisible, does nothing to buildings. The tower has the choice to launch it on a nearby box or on the box, or running the random.
New towers, view the file.
Damage and cooldowns of all that is laser were reviewed, including the laser tower has a cooldown significantly lower but with lower than before also damage.
The catapult no longer sees next door and costs a little less.
New test for traps, they now have a 2 ranks to attack at least once against all melee units who approach it. All told melee buildings have also a 2 ranks, while it is 1.5 for more units.
Search berserk in the tipi, providing access to the berserker troll that lives only 20 secs.
Search "steel sheet" in the leafy garden, increases the attack of the tower with sharp leaves.
Balancing spells of the tours in darkness.
Arrangement and correction of root system.
A test speed of 10 instead of 6 for shurikans.
Sunbeam on adjacent squares.
With savages, the sentinel tree has no time limit.
House of mahouts, elephant mahouts and tamable no time limit, évoluable elephant elephant turret which has two archers on his back.
Peaceful invasive vines and grapes in wild, with no time limit.
The trap is Dropped by arrows the archers and elephants turret, instead of being built.
Mages and skills among elementals.
The elemental water is less aggressive (less damage and less radius).
Elemental Earth with less armor.
Cooldown largest tower for triggerfish and large watchtower.
Improvements darkness necromancy field explosion of corpses and plague can spread through the body to the necro, absorbing souls for the maze.
Vermin buildings on the keys of the units.
The puppet is no time limit.
The Illusionist may reveal two shadows for a few seconds, which is like a soldier but is invulnerable.
The Illusionist has more false vortex.
Lich now appear wisps on target box, but this spell costs 200 mana.

2015-10-06 05:02:33

What's the new idea in the next version?

2015-11-06 06:35:44

How long will it take to come out?

2015-11-06 15:05:12

Don't know either. If this is abandonned or what's happening with the developer?

73 Wj3u

2015-11-09 14:50:51

Hello.

Currently, the development of the CrazyMod is paused because we are on another game project.

2015-11-10 17:51:39

and what is that new project now?

73 Wj3u

2016-01-15 14:04:52

Is there a link to the latest beta of version 9 somewhere? the links seem to have expired so I can only go to the main site with version 8.3. Kind of want to get back into this, but there doesn't seem to be a link.

2016-03-29 05:36:41

Feeling of the traditional school is good for weak, I with traditional vs. technology and attacking defense is not is not, key trebuchet cannot direct attack to the adjacent regions.