2015-04-19 14:19:48

hi all.
anyone who doesnt know about our projects?
we are SB Soft, with some friends:
Hassan
Amir
and also me hahaha.
I know some voices were running after us like:
SB Soft is developing an OS!
or SB Soft is developing AAGE!
well, this things I am afraid, are... true?
yes! they are true!
the thing is, we need some more staff.
SB soft is under the direction of me and amir.
there are 2 classes:
1. Testers. you can test the products we made, including the OS.
2. Programmers, the basic engine for SB soft to run.
SB soft will be the blind microsoft.
we code in any langiaje our programmers want to code.
we comment in a requests, comments, and stuff.txt file.
we use bt sync 1.3 to sync all our files.
we use meocloud to upload them.
so if you wanna contact me to be one of those, use this 2 skype accounts.
raton.miguelito.glps
or sbskype90.
see you, hope you join!

no matter what you do, alwais, ghosts will be there. Demonic spirits waiting for you. Charlie Charlie are you here? suddenly, charlie appears with a knife. He killed me! charlie charlie are you here? tell me if it's yes. Are you gonna persew me or you're leaving me in peaze? oh my gosh charlie is indeed here! he's about to kill me!
:D

2015-04-19 17:50:21

Hi,
I have submitted a contact request to sbskype90; hopefully I will be accepted.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2015-04-20 16:16:01

hello ethin.
sure, you will be accepted. The other one also, is my personal account for my friends.
also, we are working some more in the o s

no matter what you do, alwais, ghosts will be there. Demonic spirits waiting for you. Charlie Charlie are you here? suddenly, charlie appears with a knife. He killed me! charlie charlie are you here? tell me if it's yes. Are you gonna persew me or you're leaving me in peaze? oh my gosh charlie is indeed here! he's about to kill me!

2015-04-21 10:20:51

OS? Don't be crazy man.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2015-04-21 15:44:18

at burak.
if you dont wanna believe it, what ever.
We, are, developing the o s and a game engine too. So believe if you want, if not, then go away.

2015-04-21 17:53:31

The thing is : in order to have people really wanting to work on it, you have to show at least a little part of the project smile because everyone has already seen too much threads like "i'll make a super new multaiplayer game, and an OS with it, and create a new gaming console in the same time! Who's in?"

So, just show a little more, give a little more detail, and people may understand more what you are working on big_smile

2015-04-21 22:40:00

Also, an OS is one of the most difficult programming tasks you will ever take on. It's not just "write it, do it" thing. You have to know what your doing, and what you want to do.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2015-04-22 04:07:46

at all.
sorry, my dropbox and meocloud services are full so I cant upload anything.
also, meo is malfunctioning, I will upload a song library concept demo as soon as I fix it.

2015-04-22 13:22:32

So, you think programing an OS, probably in C, launched by the BIOS and all, with disk explorator, process manager and all, would not be difficult? I'm not sure I understand your point smile

2015-04-22 23:57:55

terminator can you add me to the Skype I have added both your details your sb90 is added.
I looked at meocloud but couldn't find the English page for it.
As for dropbox if you are able to afford or share with someone its only 9 bucks per month for 1 tb of data.
if you could email or whatever the bt sync key so I can  look what you are doing that would be fine.
I assume your os has a talking install.
I have an older system I can test it on which is 32 bit currently Linux but it was just a tester.

2015-04-23 23:26:44 (edited by Ethin 2015-04-23 23:28:26)

@Genroa, Writing an OS that can be booted by the firmware is, as I said, one of the most difficult tasks you will ever do on a computer. Its just above writing a bootloader. You write a bootloader, then you write an OS for it - unless it can boot others like GRUB can.

My Github

2015-05-07 09:58:10

hi all,
as people have said, writing an operating system is quite hard
firstly, you have to write a boot loader that can load your kernel, then the kernel must be abale to run applications in it's format, then you have to implement gdt, idt, paging, swap, speen locks, dma, and many many more!
irq and isr and pit is one of the tasks that all of your kernel is depend on it
actually i'm amir, the person that the terminator have told about me
but everything must be said to a programmer in order for him to do his work correctly
another think about operating system development is, when you are testing it, you havent any screen reader, and you must debug it when it is running
at last, but not leest, dirring the testing of the OS kernel, it may harm your hardware whether it is virtually working or in a real device

2015-05-07 23:00:21 (edited by Ethin 2015-05-07 23:08:08)

From what I've seen on this forum, and what I've seen on Skype, terminator is not, shall we say, the best person to associate with for a project like this. For one, he does not understand how the US law works; neither does he understand plagiarism. I asked him for some source code for his OS and he said it would be illegal to give it to me, when in fact it would not be. I will not go any further, but I would not associate with him if I were you. He seems to overreact some times, and act irrationally during those times. Again: I would not associate with him.
I am sorry to post this, but it's just my observations, and my suggestions. I don't want to take you guys down, or criticize SBSoft, but sometimes, criticism actually will help you. I will not insult either of you, as that is not my nature. However, please remember that before you go spouting what's illegal, such and such, please learn the laws of the country your associating with and the country you live in. You do not need to learn all of them, but learn the ones which you feel would keep you safe and prepare you. If you want to be a company, your going to interact with multiple countries, just like Microsoft and Google do, so that is recommended so that you don't get fined or charged for something you didn't even know about.
I personally think an OS would be cool, but really? There are plenty of OSes out there: arthur, ARX, MOS, RISC iX, RISC OS, AmigaOS, Amiga Unix (aka Amix), Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, Google Chrome OS, Android, Chromium OS, Xenix, MSX-DOS, MSDOS, Windows CE, Singularity, Midori... Do I have to go on? Why create another one? I understand that you want to achieve something new, but you should at least wait. Wait until your very proficient in assembly language and C++ in general before you do that, because your going to depend on assembly a lot. C++ can't do everything, and assembly is needed in *a lot* of places. I'm not joking. If you want proof, just look at the Linux kernel's code. If I were to run a find command to search for all *.s files, it would bring up more than a thousand of them.

My Github

2015-05-09 09:31:46

like! ethin
but another thing that i need to say is, when you want to be a company that create's games or applications or another thing, you must know the laws of that country and the country witch you live in
secondly, you must abide by copyright law, because it is an international law firstly, secondly if dont abide by it and brake it, how you think that another people abide by your license and copyright?

2015-05-09 10:35:32

Well, considering copyright is literally not cared about any more, its likely for me to say that copyright is only actually acknowledged by others when it needs to be.

My Github

2015-05-09 21:02:12

my mean is not copyright, i have aproved your idea in my topic
copyright is an apendix hahahaha

2015-05-22 00:03:08

I want to be a tester!

be a hero and stop Coppa now!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dkm … DkWZ8/edit
-id software, 1995