2015-04-23 04:42:58

There is a Castaways 2 in the works, but it is quite a bit different from the original Castaways.
The expansion to Castaways 1 was already added into the game, so you should see missions 6 and 7 (which are the expansion).  Originally Castaways only had 5 missions.

I'm glad you're enjoying the game and I wish you luck on completing the rest of the missions Mirage.  smile

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2015-04-23 05:00:57

Hmm, I only see five missions.
It says that I have version 2.6.
Maybe I need to search out an update.

2015-04-23 05:16:27

his website has it man, just go and grab.:d

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2015-04-23 06:22:54

I got it.  I must have downloaded the game just two or three weeks before the last update, so I never realized there was a newer version.

2015-05-20 06:57:28

hello apron first of all this game rocks even though i haven't even beat mission even on easy i am still trying andi will never give up. that is how much i love this game. i have a question you said on a post there was a cheat that was on wikipedia i found it i think it said something about up arrow and down arrow and a couple of letters and it said something aout press those keys in the game but do you press some to bring the cheat code because if i press up arrow and such i just tels me where i am at on the map. so is there another key that i should press to enter that up arrow and down arrow and left and right and right arrows tand the letter at the end of the code to make it work. well anyway your games rock and i want to thank you for the hard work you have put in our games god bless you sir hope to hear from you soon thanks.

2015-05-20 09:27:16

The keys for the code work as normally; you won't know if you entered it correctly until you press enter at the end.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2015-05-20 09:53:46

Thanks Catfish.  As CAE Jones said, I am pretty sure you just type out the code and ignore everything the game says while you do it.  The code should magically work once you're done typing it and you press enter.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2015-05-20 10:52:18

Funny I never knew there was a cheatcode for castaways, is it that good old midway  up up down down  left right left one?

@Catfish,  the game is quite possible without cheats, it's all a matter of knowing what to build where and how, indeed there are a number of winning stratogies that people have employed.

It's been quite some time sinse I played castaways myself, I need to give it another go actually.

Oh, and if your interested in different people's takes on stratogy in the game (including mine), see This topic

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-05-20 16:23:38

yeah i really liked cast aways even though i wasn't very good. but i was younger and didn't understand how to play very well. might give it another shot here.

I don’t believe in fighting unnecessarily.  But if something is worth fighting for, then its always a fight worth winning.
check me out on Twitter and on GitHub

2015-05-21 02:47:31

hay aprone i finally beat mition 1 on easy. it took me about 5 hours lol but i did it and i did not use the cheat code to do it i folled  the guys walk through and it was so cool. but i have a question for you i noticed when he did his pause and resume it sound different than mine so how do i change the sounds for the pause and resume thanks please help and again this game rocks

2015-12-22 06:44:57

Can anybody tell me how to change character names in game?
I did this a lot the last time I played, and it seemed like there was a simple command, F2, or shift F2, or something like that, and then you could edit the character name.
But I cannot remember it to save my life!

2015-12-22 10:24:05

control r or alt r, must be one of these two

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2018-04-10 22:36:12

I've uploaded a tiny client patch that will allow the game to work once more.  A change in my web host changed how logins are handled a tiny bit, so the older way was not letting players log in correctly.  Even single player was affected by this, because the game did a quick online check to my server whether you were using single player or multiplayer.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2018-04-14 15:09:58

will there be any further updates to this castaways two, or pawprints? I like all three of them and am hoping to be able to play the second offline all the way through some day.

2018-04-14 18:06:06

I don't have any plans to update Paw Prints.  Castaways 2 will probably one day be worked on again, because I'd hate to waste all the work that already went into it.  No schedule on that though, since I have a lot of other things to work on first.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2018-04-14 18:41:16

If the thing is castaways, can someone tell me if there's a condition to win sandbox mode?

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.

2018-04-16 12:21:03

---------------------------
Castaways
Run-time error '5':

Invalid procedure call or argument

and in debug.txt,
Starting program
Loading JAWS Api
error: ActiveX component can't create object
Creating DirectSound...
Setting Coop level
Sound finished.
Version is 2.7c
Sapi is set to 0
Loading settings/progress
Using English.
Startup finished.

2018-04-16 16:46:47

Valmorian, was the game working before this, or did you just recently download Castaways?  At first glance I would suspect you need to run checkup.exe to register files, but that would be quite odd if the game was working for you already and only just started having this error.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2018-04-16 23:21:06

I ran it again and this time it worked. no idea what that was about

2018-04-17 00:14:03

Well I'm glad to hear it's working again.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2018-04-17 06:48:03

I think windows defender is starting to get cross with audio games that are run out of their own folders. I got the same error and running it multiple times didn't fix it. The same copy of the game worked well last week. Windows defender just started pitching a fit about me extracting the latest beta of crazy party to.

2018-04-20 00:50:50

@aedan what I did finally was to create a folder called Accessible Games on my D drive which is not where windows is  installed, and had windows defender completely ignore that folder.
Hope that works for you too.
smile

2018-05-23 17:05:20

how do you actually get your baker to bake cakes? I only get bread

2018-05-23 17:40:02

If I remember correctly, the bakers only bake cakes if you have the one specific perk that causes that.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2018-05-23 21:29:30

ah that's kind of cool I figured the perk was just to have them give extra energy