2008-03-20 17:18:34

Hi all,
  I just downloaded Time Adventures. I really like the ambiance in the game so far and he voice acting is great. But I could use help getting started. I went to the stationary shop and got a magazine (I frget which one), then went to the library and then back to the stationary shop. I managed to trade a sweet to the boy for a sticking plaster an then helped the girl with her bike. After getting to the lawyer's office I found myself at the hut. That's where I seem to be stuck. Any hints would be appreciated.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2008-03-20 17:59:35

hay that's a bizarre coincidence Bryan, I've just this second finished downloading the game myself and have just created a program group and some shortcuts (I love the mp3 manual).

I've yet to properly try out the game, but Seal's just been kind enough to post the text to the cluebook, ---- and maybe there's a hint in there?

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2008-03-22 01:47:30

Hi there.

I'll just give you a hint:
Use the photo electric measurer in all rooms in the hut.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2008-04-07 08:14:17

Hay all, Can someone give me a sort of breakdown to this game? Sounds interesting, but I don't know where to get it. Can you help?

Colleen

"The time has come," the Walrus said, "To talk of many things:
Of shoes and ships and sealing wax -- Of cabbages and kings.
And why the sea is boiling hot -- And whether pigs have wings."
Lewis Caroll

2008-04-07 09:22:22

Time adventures was a game made on Cd by the company code factory. About two years ago, they just completely stopped selling all of their games for no readily apparent reason, (though actually buying their games before that period was pretty difficult as several people including me found out).

Sinse the games are absolutely unavailable now, Elliott barns has been kind enough to make a copy of the Cd and host it on his site at http://www.acegamesonline.net/blindnet/misc/

the file is incredibly huge indeed though.

As for the game itself, it's incredibly interesting. it's an interactive fiction type game with many puzles, lots of voice acting and music, and as you might guess it's about time travel. I'd certainly recommend it if you can handle the big download.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2008-04-07 19:25:29

It is a good game, even if I had to restart after playing the game. This reminds me, what does it do to the screen. I start jaws after closing the game and JFW refused to work right. For exsample, try hitting CTRL+INS+w or try using the jaws cursor in some app.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2008-04-07 22:30:22

I can't speak about jaws, but the game does certainly have graphics,  though once you close the game the graphics should be closed as well, providing of course you closed by actually closing the game in the menue and not just hitting alt F4 which could cause problems I think.

2008-04-07 22:34:35

In the game, I go to quit in the game menu and hit enter. Then I start JFW.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2008-04-08 12:23:12

The game screws up the screen resolution. I don't know why, but this is anoying.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2008-04-08 12:49:07

I haven't noticed problems with Hal in that respect, but then again, I lways keep hal running when I play games, I just turn the voice (and if the numberpad is needed as in something ike terraformers), the keys off.

it sounds as iff your doing the right thing quitting Cw, ---- I'm afraid I don't have any suggestions, --- especially not being a jaws user.

2008-04-08 23:12:43

That's one thing I like about Window-Eyes. You could leave it running while playing audio games and you might not even notice it unless either something came up on the screen or you did any alt+tabbing. WE so very rarely interferes with keyboard function that you can leave it running. I actually left it running during a game of BLast Chamber and didn't realize it was running until I quit the game. It's quite unobtrusive. Granted it's not quite so with Time Adventures but for most other games it works.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2008-04-09 00:58:43

Not having to exit hal is one of my favourite features, and sinse all key commands are via the numb pad I very rarely have to turn keys off, it sounds like Window eyes is similar in this respect.

That's one thing which gets me in the pinball games, If I've not played a table for a while it'd be great to read the description but there's no way of displaying it from within the program, and it would be so easy to flick on hal and read them.

2008-04-09 01:18:40

I know I can make an ajustment to jaws so I wouldn't have to tern it off, but if doing reerd stuff to the screen, like it looks like, then there is nothing to be done about it as far as I can see. Is there any way of telling windows not to let it change screen ressalution and the like? Matter of fact, I don't tern JFW off when playing SOD, PBX, or even soundRTS. I just tell jaws that if I start an audio game to go to sleep. I can't see the screen so I don't know how it looks afterwards. I asked around and I hear that some games have a bad habbit of not returning things back to the way they were, screenwise.

DropBox Referral