2014-11-08 02:58:45 (edited by Orin 2014-11-08 03:18:10)

Hi all,
So, I've managed to get BGT to not generate an error log when running the script, so BGT doesn't have an issue with the set_library_path method anymore. However, even though the error log is no longer being generated (progress), the script still refuses to initialize speech manager. It's as though it is being ignored entirely in favor of Sapi. I can tell you this--it's not commented out.

I know this because even with Jaws on, the keyhook is not being installed.
I remember having it work yesterday with Jaws at least, but I couldn't get the others to work. Now when I add some music, it doesn't work at all. At least, that's the only reason for why it suddenly stopped working. Now if I could get it working again, now that the lib directory isn't an issue, hopefully it'll work with all screen readers and I can start making levels.

To fix the error, I simply changed the speech.init call so that the script calls it at script initialization now. It isn't making the call, though. I'll try and delete the current config file, maybe that may fix the problem although I doubt it.

Here's my current code for this:
#include "dynamic_menu.bgt"
#include "speech_manager.bgt"
//The main menu, speech and other things.
speech_manager speech;
sound music;
void main()

{

speech.init("Config", "Encrypttest");

music.stream("sounds/music/mainmenu.ogg");
music.volume = -10;

show_game_window("Test");
dynamic_menu menu;
set_error_output("error.log");
music.play_looped();
int result;
menu.set_speech_mode(speech.mode);
menu.set_tts_object(speech.sapi);
menu.add_item_tts("start");
menu.add_item_tts("exit");
result=menu.run("Please choose an option.", true);
}
Edit: Okay, just had to delete the config. The old one just wasn't working, now we're god. Thanks for all the help everyone.

2014-11-08 19:10:42

I didn't use an encryption in my speech initialization call. I mean, how would messing with speech options hurt game security? It seems kind of superfluous to me, but that's just my opinion. All I know is that my speech manager works fine. You sure that the NVDA client and SA dll's are in the proper directories? Also, you should know that the keyhook is actually broken due to a recent update to Windows. So you shouldn't be using jaws to test the speech manager anyway.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2014-11-09 02:46:12

I just did it for the sake of doing it, nothing more really. I may even take it out when I release betas.