2014-08-11 06:13:09

Hi all,
I'm curious if any of you know of a book that teaches Pascal (the pascal programming language!) I'd be pleased if the book or books that you find are on bookshare.org (
http://www.bookshare.org
).
Thank you.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2014-08-12 12:44:05

I bought the Coronado tutorial on Pascal, just for the hell of it. Ada too, as it's a blood relation. Freepascal also comes with a fairly comprehensive reference book; accessible.

Just myself, as usual.

2014-08-13 01:05:30

How much does the Coronado tutorial on Pascal cost, cebi?

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2014-08-13 07:53:22

It's available here for purchase for $15. It's an oldie, though, so be prepared for references to dialects and extensions no longer in use, specially Turbo Pascal. Once you know the language well enough, you'll find the FreePascal documentation to be very useful.

Have fun.

Just myself, as usual.

2014-08-14 21:56:33

Actually, FPcC (the free pascal compiler) supports turbo pascal with the -Mtp command line option, or the {$mode tp} compiler directive.

My Github

2014-08-15 00:14:01 (edited by Sebby 2014-08-15 01:24:11)

Well, there you are, then. Does it also support Object Pascal? I forget ...

Pascal didn't survive, for whatever reason. pas2c became one of my favourite tools. My favourite pascal program was MyMUD, a MUD that used files for computer-computer communication across a LAN running Novell or LANtastic or other software of that era.

Edit: answered my own question, it apparently does. Great stuff.

Just myself, as usual.