2014-01-03 21:42:18

I don't think he released it to the public.

be a hero and stop Coppa now!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dkm … DkWZ8/edit
-id software, 1995

2014-01-05 22:45:39

Hey first just wanna say this is an awesome project, have wanted an accessible and still enjoyable version of Pokémon for so long!
Ok, so the bad part: I've been downloading the Braillemon releases from links on pokecommunity.  They were all working up to version 0.0.0.9, but the most recent I've downloaded, 0.0.1.1, doesn't get past the start screen.  It lets me enter or spacebar into the first screen, sometimes enter seems to not work or act weird where you have to switch tabs before it works, but then when the voice says select an option, there's no new game or anything else.  Pressing the arrows does nothing, like the screen might as well be blank, even though other new functions such as increasing and decreasing the speech rate work. 
Is 0.0.1.1 the latest version or is there a newer one that might fix the problem?  Also is pokecommunity the best way to get the new releases or is there another site where you don't have to dig through a thread to find them?
Thanks so much I hope this problem gets fixed, it's weird no one else seems to be having this problem on here.  Keep up the great work! smile
Jackie

2014-01-06 02:36:15 (edited by daigonite 2014-01-06 02:38:59)

The file in the link may have been broken. Try this instead:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ix3m0npd3xyfn … nenene.exe

I just updated it today and it includes some better sound design as well as more things to do, and patches to a couple of glitches.

Usually I don't release stuff on pokecommunity because they're... uh... kind of ignorant on the concept of a blind game. There's a few people on here that have been on there as well (theOnlyPKMNMaster is an example) and uh, lemme just say that I'm not really cool with how people have treated him, or about how they ignored my and his exploits because they aren't just another damn pokemon essentials title. A lot of closed mindedness there and lack of support, which sucks since I need people who can also test the genuine nature of the game.

Actually, I'm working on making an accessible pokemon essentials scripts file so people can play those games too, but it's coming slowly and it's not easy at all.

you like those kinds of gays because they're gays made for straights

2014-01-06 03:24:03

where to get the latest release? I have the version 0.0.0.8.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2014-01-06 04:54:53

Hi.
You can get it from the link in the preveus post.

I'm gone for real :)

2014-01-06 19:08:28

I updated the link and patched a couple of issues.

2014-01-06 21:37:18

hi rachel

do you mean you also patched the error you'll find when you enter your rivals house? the error is that when you've walked a certain amount of steps the game crashes i don't have a log file for you. appologies.

hope to hear from you soon. and if the link has been updated can you also please post a new link in a new post?

thanks in advance.

greetz mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2014-01-06 23:40:04

Hi.
WHen I talk to Dazie in the house, I got the following error.
This is after I get the pokedex.

of Key Press Event for <Enter> Key
for object MapDaisy:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Get -1.townMaptable(100666, -1)
at gml_Object_MapDaisy_KeyPress_13
############################################################################################
I'm enjoying the game so far.

Bryan Mckinnish
aka the blue-eyes white dragon, with an attack strength of 3000 and a defense strength  of 2500!

2014-01-07 00:08:47 (edited by daigonite 2014-01-07 00:11:56)

Pelantas, is this the same error that you got? If it is it's a pretty easy fix and it's just an oversight. Otherwise I'm gonna need to know when you saw her. In that, was it before or after you got the map, or before you battled your rival, ect.

2014-01-07 00:22:13

Hey sorry to bring this up again but for whatever reason the link in the previous post does the same thing as the other, enter up until the start screen and then there's no menu for a new game. 
It's weird that this only seems to be a problem for me...could it somehow be my computer even though all the previous ones have worked fine?  Anyone else experienced this?  So weird meh.
Jackie

2014-01-07 00:22:57

hi daigonite,

i got the same error as brian got. i fixed for now to don't get the map and just walk outside pallet town without map.
i beat the first gym and i like the game thus far.

hth

greetz mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2014-01-07 00:26:30 (edited by daigonite 2014-01-07 00:29:51)

bjaxstriker wrote:

Hey sorry to bring this up again but for whatever reason the link in the previous post does the same thing as the other, enter up until the start screen and then there's no menu for a new game. 
It's weird that this only seems to be a problem for me...could it somehow be my computer even though all the previous ones have worked fine?  Anyone else experienced this?  So weird meh.
Jackie

If it's that it might be your computer. GM:S compiles a lot differently from GM8.1 so it might not be supported for certain computers. Since this is just still fairly early in development I haven't gotten around to getting the required system requirements yet.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS FOR WINDOWS

Games on Windows

Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 8
    512MB RAM
    128MB graphics

Let me know your specific specs so I can notify Yoyo games if you have these specifications.

2014-01-07 02:22:50

It's worth mentioning that any computer made in the last five years will most certainly surpass the 512 MB of RAM needed, so I doubt RAM is the problem.

This probably won't solve anything, but it's worth a shot.  Try running  the app as administrator.  Right-click and choose "run as administrator" from the menu.

Also, I'm on Linux right now so I haven't been able to try this out, is it self-voicing?  If it is, unload your screen reader or put it to sleep and try.

I'm actually pretty intrigued by this project.  Sounds awesome.  I'll certainly try it out when I'm done working.

2014-01-07 02:32:23

Hi.  I am running Windows 7, which does have games, with 3.9 gb usable RAM and if I understand correctly 1696 mb for graphics; that's what's listed for the total memory under display.  Yeah I'm a tech noob lol oh well.  So yeah not sure why that wouldn't work on it. 
Jackie

2014-01-07 02:36:55

To scotf2012: nah just tried the admin thing with the same results.  The account I use is set as admin anyway.

2014-01-07 03:20:29

Hi.
This is going to sound silly but have you tried pressing your down arrow when in the menu?
The game at the moment doesn't inform you that you have to do this to navigate the menu.

I'm gone for real :)

2014-01-07 05:29:51

hey dagonet, spelled it wrong sorry, anyways i have been listening to a tutorial for pokemon blue and well its a playthrough and i noticed that there is a sound when you receive essential items like the pokedex and i think town map and i was wondering if you plan to put that in this game as well, not critical though especially this early in the project.  It is more like a music similar to when you level up.  Wiosh i could find my old pokemon blue cartridge to somehow give you  some help or ideas but they are actually quite expensive to buy now.

2014-01-07 05:56:48

To brad: lol yeah I've been able to work every version before the most recent one but for some reason this one acts like it's blank after the title screen.

2014-01-07 05:57:23

hi what to do first after entering your name and your brother's name?
I iam at rute alfa and I don't know what to do, except running around and fighting enemies.
What do I have to do?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2014-01-07 06:08:48

If you've been able to run every version before, the new compilation is probably the problem.  How did you compile your code, Daigonite?  Are there dependencies (.net, Python libs, etc) that she might not have?  Are you communicating via APIs to screen readers?  I believe JAWS? Requires some stupid DLL to be registered...It's a big mess.  There's a reason I hate Freedom...But that's for another day.

2014-01-07 15:17:34

Rachel, I found a new glitch. After you exit the gym its music keeps playing.
The daisy thing happens when you try to get the map

To bjaxstriker; Are you Using JAWS? If so, try putting it into sleep mode when running braillemon. That fixed the problem for me.
For some reason, JAWS doesn't like a lot of games that need the arrows.
Most other programs work just fine, but games just don't.
I have the same problem with battle zone and bokurano daiboukenn.
To put an app to sleep go into the ap, then press JAwS plus 6 to activate settings center.
Go down to misk settings and turn sleep mode to inable and unload the synthesizer with space.
Save the setting with okay and your arrows should work again.
With every new app you get an edit box first asking the name of the app, just press enter and you're at the setting center.
Hope this helps.

Rachel theonlypokemonmaster has a key hook that fixes this problem, but it may only be supported in his game adventure at C that is made using BGT, so it may not work for you.
You mentiond him under special thanks in the in-game credits, and that's why I bring him up here.

2014-01-07 16:40:10

The game no longer accepts arrow key input with Jaws turned on, so turn it off. Also, because of the graphics, it really messes with the Jaws video intercept function, causing it to be unable to read documents, which means you have to restart the computer to regain that functionality, so a nongraphical version would be a good thing. Either that or everybody can just migrate to NVDA, which we all should probably do anyway lol.

2014-01-07 20:37:11

Ah cool thanks that's probably the problem then.  Rather than set it to sleep mode would just exiting Jaws before running Braillemon and then reopening it afterwards work as well?  Don't want to somehow get it stuck on a setting that I can't undo without speech lol.

2014-01-07 20:42:43

Hey just tried it with Jaws off and arrows work now, thanks! smile .
Jackie

2014-01-07 21:18:24

Yeah, you can just turn off your screen reader, play the game, and turn it back on if you want.  Sleep mode would automatically turn off your screen reader while you play, though, so if you exited the game, you would have speech immediately.