2007-10-09 14:46:18

Hello, I have a problem, I have tried to get Rail Racer to work on my computer for a long time.  I have all the new updates and requirements and utilities, but I can't get it to work.  If anny one has any sugestions, pleas let me now.

i used to take things in life for granted...
now i have a beautiful daughter, and she means the world to me.
(at 19, i can say this is harder than it sounds)

2007-10-09 14:59:56

Hello.

You said you have all the updates, but try to head over to:
www.usagames.us
and download the latest directX and the newest dotnet Fraimwork and see if it works. Sometimes, Windows Update says your computer is up to date, but it's not always true.
Please right again if it doesn't work for you.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2007-10-09 15:04:34

Hmmm dan, when you say the game isn't working, how precisely is it not working? Do you get an error message? does your system freeze up?

also, which upgrades and utilities do you actually have. when I first ran the game under net framework 1.0 I found it not to work, and so had to upgrade to 2.0. Also, having the latest direct X helps as well.

If you are really stuck, and do in fact have direct X and net framework, it might be a more serious conflict with your system, and I suggest contacting Che martin (he's very good about answering tech enquiries).

Hope some of this helps, because rail Racer is imho an exceptionally good game, ---- easily my favourite racing game (in fact the only racing game I've ever had any luck with).

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-10-09 16:19:57

Ok, I already got the latest version of direct x and the .net frame work yesterday from usa games, but when I start it, it still says,  "If you were in the middle of something, the work you were working on might be lost."  I close the window and then I try it again and the same thing happens.  I don't think it happens just on one computer, because I tried to play it on my dad's computer, but it still didn't work.  I probab will be on here for a little while, and I can try anything you have in mind.

2007-10-10 00:35:20

Hmmmm, well it's obviously not the direct X or net framework then, and clearly something I haven't encountered before.

Unless something strange happened with the installation, or the file on Che's site itself is slightly splirky (though knowing Che to be fairly technically astute, I'd assume this isn't the case).

I'm afraid all I can suggest is that you contact Che martin and explain the problem. As I said, he's very good about answering enquiries. i had some rea fun getting net framework to behave itself, and Mr. martin was certainly helpful then.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-10-10 00:38:22

Thanks Dark!  I'll do just that, but I reinstalled it twice.  But as you said, I will contact him.  Does the game work for you?

2007-10-10 04:12:42

He would have had to fix it fast if it didn't work for a lot of people, since the full version must be paid for smile

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2007-10-10 11:31:52

Have you set your language to english in the control Panel? This is was the reason my full version didn't worked, but the demo version runs fine.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2007-10-10 12:36:34

Yes Dan, the game is most deffinately working, ------ which is the reason I said that I enjoy it a lot more than other racing games I have tried. My problem however, involved some horrible conflicts my Pc had with windows accounts and earlier versions of the net framework, but if your running Monti alright, obviously this isn't the same issue.

Have you physically checked (using windows explorer), that the game's various files and folders have installed in the right place (probably C:\program files\railracer), I've had some occasions where program short cuts and other components have gone missing, ----- though as I don't generally use the program files folder to install stuff, this might be a more unique problem to me.

2007-10-10 12:40:17

I checked it, everything is there in its rite place.  As for Monty, it is working.  I got the latest framwork wich is 3.0

2007-10-12 17:16:49

Hi dan,
How much memory and RAM do you have? Can you send the exact error message thanks.

Regards,
Tristan
Trek Games, inc.

2007-10-14 18:17:58

hello, the reason you are getting all thees errors is because you need the .net framework 1.1 and dx9.0c redistributable with at least a date of june 2007. You must have exactly thees requirements or it will always give you some error or another. I hope this works for you.