2007-08-25 04:11:11 (edited by dark empathy 2007-08-26 02:09:47)

Much appologies to Mr. Jean-luc pontico for the late report here, but last week a brand new test version of the exceptional sound Rts game marched out for your approval.

Test version 8 contains many of those bug fixes, pluss improved collision detection, a slightly more strategical computer opponent for you to try your skills on, and various other bells and whistles.

Scout ahead in this direction to grab it

As well as the new version of the game, Mr. Pontico also offers links to the sound pack created by Ken Downy and audio tutorials for the game by Bryan smart and Che martin (him of the racing rails).

Speaking of Mr. Martin, with his spiffy new tournament software, he's also offering the chance for structured competitions for Sound rts. You can find out more Here on Che's Blind adrenaline site

well there are your marching orders, now quiiiiiick maaaarch soldiar!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-08-30 10:27:10 (edited by Tablen 2007-08-30 10:33:10)

Hi dark! I think it is a nice game. only thing is: I tried to download the soundpack but the new beta's sound files are in og vorbis format so the wav files don't work with the game. I personally don't like the horse's sound because it's made by tongue clicking. I'd rather have the horses galloping. Where can I find replacement files for the .og sound files he's using? can you lead me there? Oh and about my signature: I use the name tablen as my player on monstersgame. There she is a wherewolf. I also use Tablen on Urbandead.com. There she is a zombie. So now you'll understand why my signature says: Tablen, A cross between a wherewolf and a zombie!

To know, and not to do, is not to know.

2007-08-30 18:14:06

Hi:

You can activate Bryan's Soundpack by going in to the options menu and hitting enter on the optional soundpack.
Hope this helps.

Game Man

2007-08-30 21:03:53 (edited by dark empathy 2007-08-30 21:05:40)

Unfortunately, that's version 3 of the soundpack included in the game, so doesn't make quite as many changes to things as V4 does. Apparently though, Ken's looking into getting all the sounds in the V4 pack converted in to the appropriate Og format, so hopefully it'll be available with Sound rts v8 soon.

Btw Tablen, about your sig, that does make sense, and if you'd like to post your bite link for the monster's game I'd be happy to donate a limb or two ;D.  but I do rather like the notion of a ware zomby sinse it puts forward so many interesting questions. Is it fast like a wolf or slow like a Zomby? WHAT HAPPENS AT THE FULL MOON? AND ABOVE ALL, IF IT BIGHTS YOU, WHICH DO YOU 8BECOME, ----- AND DO YOU USE SILVER BULLITS OR JUST BULLITS!

There's a lot of intreaguing monster potential in this idea I think, lol!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-09-12 11:19:31 (edited by Tablen 2007-09-12 11:22:27)

Thanks Dark. I think the Wherezombie must be as fast as a wolf since the first part of it's name refers to wherewolf. And, from what I understand, a wolf is a fast creature. When I byte people they get to decide whether they'd like to be a Wherewolf or a zombie or both. Oh, by the way, where must I send my byte link to?

To know, and not to do, is not to know.

2007-09-12 20:47:57

I like the idea of a monster that gives you choices, when people complain and start waving pitchforks and talking about "inocent victims" you can always explain that they did have a choice! ;D.

Your welcome to E-mail me your bite link, the address is dark at x g a M dot org (appologies for the spacing, it's an antispam thing), however if you post your link here, everybody is free to donate to the cause.