2013-01-09 12:40:28 (edited by Backwardsam 2013-01-09 12:56:23)

Hello to everyone..and happy new year..
My Audio Game is just released...Any Feedback is welcomed..

http://spaceretro-audiogame.com/index.html...

A shooting game where you are trapped on Planet Scroff. You have to defend your spaceship Kallisto by shooting the enemy ships with keys (k,j,space,f,d)...each key represents a part of the stereo image.You have lives to survive, in 3 different levels...

Enjoy the game..!!!!

2013-01-09 12:54:44

I'm getting a 404 error, man sad

Master Rahl guide us. Master Rahl teach us. Master Rahl protect us. In your light we thrive. In your mercy we are sheltered. In your wisdom we are hummbled. We live only to serve. Our lives are yours.

2013-01-09 12:58:25

Downloaded, but I get this error:
Could not find the main class: uk.minoritysoftware.spaceretro.SpaceRetroFx. Program will exit.

I know next to nothing about how to fix java. Tell me what info you need to debug this and I'll try to get it to you.

2013-01-09 13:02:35

You need to install java latest version..there are links..thanks for the replies guys..it's just been uploaded and i'm trying to sort things out..waiting for news..

2013-01-09 13:10:57

Got it working and beat it.

2013-01-09 13:18:30 (edited by robjoy 2013-01-09 13:19:39)

Hello,
This is a very nice, game, however I found it quite short.
It took me about 5 minutes to beat it on my first try. Maybe if you are planning to release a new version you could increase the difficulty a bit, or have multiple difficulty levels. Also, spawning enemies on the left or right side all the time really makes the game repetitive, you should use the other available positions as well, eg. f, j, space.
Other than that, the sounds were very nice retro, so was the game! Thank you very much for creating it and sharing it with us!

Rob

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2013-01-09 13:22:31

You are right about the duration..it is the first i ever did..i have already started to work on the duration and the difficulty levels..for the moment i'm just checking the response of the users on the sounds..

Thanks for your reply..appreciated..

Giorgos

2013-01-09 13:47:56

Hi,
Actually, this game is quite unique among the existing audio space invaders-like games. It is the first to use the stereo field instead of simulating vertical movement via pitch or volume.
Once again, thank you very much and all the best for all your future development!

Rob

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2013-01-09 14:11:36

I'm afraid I'm also getting the dreaded 404 when I hit the above link so I wasn't able to try the game either.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2013-01-09 14:22:04

hi.
Same here. 404 error.
Sounds good though. but I can't try it.

I'm gone for real :)

2013-01-09 14:36:18

As the site was registered yesterday maybe some dns hanen't been updated. Please try later the day.
Sorry for the inconvenience

2013-01-09 15:34:16

No worries, man, stuff happens smile I've always liked space-invader type gamaes, so, I'm sure it'll be great!

Master Rahl guide us. Master Rahl teach us. Master Rahl protect us. In your light we thrive. In your mercy we are sheltered. In your wisdom we are hummbled. We live only to serve. Our lives are yours.

2013-01-11 16:48:39

Hi.
The link that the developer gave doesn't work, However the site is accessable by using just the main site address.
So, use this link to visit  the game website:
http://spaceretro-audiogame.com/
I'm going to try it.

All the best,
Adel, Akbari.