2007-04-17 11:17:05

A friendly burrow safe and warm, Dark's got a place!

let moon and stars and sky go rome, Dark's got a place!

sorry, Duncton wood moment there. Anyway, most people will probably know that for the last few years I've been living in Van Mildert ccolidge, which, ----- while providing a lovely lake and many ducks to pplay with (not to mention some rather tasty chilly occasionally), does have some extreme down sides, such as a severe lack of space, almost no cooking facilities outside of term time, and many draconian rules, ------ particularly as regards the annoying network and port blocking!

Well, yesterday morning I heard the possibility that a flat might well be available, and today, I've just heard that I'll be getting the keys tomorrow. whether I move in instantly, or in a few weeks will depend upon how grotty and generally nasty the place is, and how much redecorating it needs (though I deffinately have some decorating preferences which i'll put into practice later).

so, while there might be a lag in communication from me until I can sort out a broardband internet service and fixing E-mail, it will ultimately all end up for the best, and you can soon expect to encounter me on muds, Skype, and challenging your skills with games like Galaxy ranger.

Also, all my plans for audio will deffinately be improved by the extra space, ----- particularly sinse I can have my multitrack recorder perminantly set up, instead of crushed in a box under my bed, and thus will be able to produce much more audio, ---- not to mention games when the Agm is released.

All in all, I'm pretty excited!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-04-18 00:01:43

Ah Dark, Cool! You play Galaxy Ranger? I haven't played that in so long! Wanna play against me sometime?

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2007-04-18 00:27:49

Yes Mike, I do indeed, though up until now I've only been able to play against the computer sinse my network won't let me connect to another human player Grrrrrr!

Sinse the computer is inherently rather stupid in it's stratogy having a human opponent would be fun I think.

It's one of the things that slightly disappoints me about the game, that the computer doesn't become any cleverer on higher difficulties, just faster to react and better at using the energetic shield.

I'm not precisely sure when my new net service will be fixed, but I'll be sure to let everyone know.

I also wonder, if I ask Igor of vip gameszone nnicely, if he'd let me have another go at playing the demos of the sport games. I didn't find playing them against the computer too interesting, but I wonder if playing a human would be more fun.

Oh so many possibilities in unrestricted net access!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-04-18 09:16:39

Hmmmm Andy, your jumping the gun slightly.

My family and i won't be able to redecorate the place for another few weeks (I have some very definite decoration preferences). if the place is in a reasonable and non-grotty state I'll be moving in by next Wednesday (though it'll stil be a month until furniture etc is sorted to my liking), but it's possible the place is an absolute mess, in which case I'll stil be in colidge for that month until the place is ready.

2007-04-18 17:53:14

andy:
i want to add you to skype.
and i am sure many others do too.

but... skype has a problem. you can only, and i mean only, add people if they are on skype at the time... i repeat!
you an only add people when they are on skype at! the! time! i! hate! that! i don't know how we're going to be able to add you, i might check the forum at the wrong time, i mgith.... i want.... but.... how.... i... oh you get the idea.

2007-04-18 20:10:01

Gratz dark!

2007-04-18 21:17:43

thanks Brian! luckily you've missed my repeated complaints about some of my colage's more draconian rules, but never mind! As I said, there are so many things, ----- from cooking experimentations to streaming files with programs other than wimdows Media player that I really! want to try.

i went and saw the place todayk, and it's absolutely fantastic! really beautifully decorated, has it's own balcony and fire place, and for a flat it's fairly humungous! so deffinately moving in next week!

I appologise in advance for any lack in communication you'll experience next Wednesday, sinse I don't know how long it'll take to get the roard band internet connection in complete working order.

2007-04-25 19:50:18

appologies for the double postage here, but I thought I perhaps better keep everyone updated with the flat situation.

well, colidge are giving me the boot on monday, so only a few more days in this tiny box of a room. I've been in nottingham, at home, looking at furniture with my parents, attempting to understand British Telecom's hiddiously complicated system of deals and connections, and generally getting things ready.

the place will hopefully be liveable in by next Monday, ----- complete with net connection, vague cooking facilities etc, but again, appologies in advance for the lag.

2007-04-26 07:13:54

and here it is then my 1000th post. lets see what kind of an audio gamer i am n ow.
anyhow, it's nice to see that you have got a new home.

2007-04-26 11:39:25

Hmmmm, so what sort of super powers do you have Arjan?

Well moving out of uni will be a bit strange, though there are many things I'm looking forward to trying out.

2007-04-26 20:34:26

Hi Dark.
Cool that you got a place! Hope you like it!

V

2007-04-27 11:22:48

Well Goenitz, yes I do like it, though at the moment it's severely lacking in furniture and such. I should be able to get a few things in this weekend though, ----- and hopefully my new Dsl provider will have sent the propper equipment so I should be able to have the net up and running next week as well (I need it to actually work with as well as all the game related stuff I do).

2007-05-02 10:08:06

Funny. I'll be escaping from the confines of the college dorm as well as its evil, sinister, diabolical network connection...or perhaps disconnection would be a better word. So I'm just as excited as you Dark. I'm surprised it's working now, but then again it is just after two in the morning here in the Gem State of Idaho, so perhaps everyone else is either sleeping, scrambling to study for finals or, and I hope you'll pardon me for saying this next, indulging in vivid sexual fantasies about the Hawaiian lasses on the volleyball team. Me, I'm actually doing none of these things. I am typing this post, nothing more. But anyway, getting back to what I was originally going to say, BryanP might also be getting a place soon. Granted i'll just be moving in with someone else (my fiance as a matter of fact, but we're going to fill out the application later today and run it to the housing office on Thursday. That should start things in motion fairly quickly. Then, once all that is arranged we're going to split the bill on a high speed cable internet connection. So you might not see me on here quite as often in the next few weeks, especially if the move happens within that time. I'll still have access to my parents' wireless network when I visit them so I'll pop in when I can. After all, when AGM comes out I want to know! Also, I will most likely be purchasing a Roland Edirol R09 either this month or next, depending on what happens, so more castings of the pod!

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2007-05-10 16:43:39

congrats as well brian, networks at universities can be extremely evil things ------ though sinse you were able to play muds etc, perhaps your network admins weren't quite as paranoid as the one's here in durham. I'll look forward to any castings of the pod, but you now have the sees of beurocracy to wade through, which is not a pleasant thing at all.

as for me, I know am in my own personal flat! (with winged serpent on hearthrug), and things are starting to get themsevles togethers. As you can tell, my dsl connection is working, ------ unfortunately, my E-mail isn't! so anyone who's mailed me, appologies for the lack of replies. what's especially annoying is that I specifically attempted to sort all these things out before I left colidge, ----- oh well!

Well bye for now, I'm at a conference over the weekend (on disability and ethics no less!), but will be back next monday to torment everyone with my rambling postage, and hopefully get the E-mail fixed as well.

Btw, ----- I find it rather strange that you think all! the ladies in your colidge would be fantasising about the sport's team girls, (a strage colidge indeed!),

2007-05-10 18:14:50

Congrats Dark, hope to encounter you in some mud or other some time.

Oh, and if you ever needed a router for anything, be it wireless or just general, the Netgear DG834 series be it the DG834 or DG834G with wireless are *very* accessible and so user friendly you wouldn't believe it. Just thought I would let you know in case it is ever useful, I find the Netgear access point I have too is good. No or little graphics.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2007-05-16 22:11:07

Well, sorry about the slightly rushed last post, I was having to run off to get a taxi. Despite being longer at home than i THOUGHT (SAID CONFERENCE WAS VEEEEEERY! EXHAUSTING!), i AM NOW MOST DEFFINATELY BACK, AND THANKS TO A LITLE HELP FROM MY FRIEND WHO'S INCHARGE OF THE xGAM MAIL ACCOUNTS, YOU CAN NOW FREELY BOMBARD ME WITH MAILS ONCEMORE ON DARK AT XGAM DOT ORG.

Hopefully soon I'll be skyping, mudding, and streaming with the best of you chaps, ------ perhaps abbreviating that to skudding or skeeming would be a good idea ;D.

Btw Cx2, any E-mail (or forum advice), would be extremely helfpul regarding muds etc.

2007-05-18 07:19:33

Dark, I dropped you a mail last night. Let me know if it doesn't come through and I'll start trying weird stuff.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2007-05-19 08:18:51

While I'm highly in favor of weerd stuff on general principle, no need to try anything drastic as far as E-mail goes, hopefully you'll be recieving my rsponse soon.