2007-04-27 22:39:42

hi there,
i've recently tried to download fartman for a little project i'm doing and i noticed that bpc doesn't seem to be bpc anymore.
having tried the url and getting a website about tv i went to audiogames.net and tried downloading it direct and i was taken back to this tv site again.]
has bpc gone under? is cloning mallace never going to come out?
best reg

Pay my respects to grace and virtue,
Send my condolences to good,
Hear my regards to soul and romance,
They always did the best they could.

2007-04-27 23:41:57

Hmmm that's weerd! and slightly annoying sinse I never got around to buying Treasurehunt. Sinse it stil says "welcome to Bpc programs" at the top, I hope this is just a miner server issue and the site will be back soon. when it does I really! aught to buy treasurehunt!

Btw, welcome back Archer, by any chance did you catch my podcast about the fighting fantasy project site that I did on Blind cool tech?

Let me know what you thin, ---- there's a topic in the off topic room for that type of thing.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-04-28 07:37:32

i know that bpc used to be out of town a long time ago, however, fortunately, munawar has stated on this forum that it is back up again. no idea what the server is doing today but yeh, hope it'll be back soon, treasure hunt is just really not my thing, but from time to time, i enjoy a game of tounament. i just wish it'd be more realistic. ie, no dialog boxes in the middle of fights and punches and screams to let you know how hurt your opponent is. unfortunately it would turn out to be quite a biggame, similar to Mortal kombat.

2007-04-28 09:34:28

Hi,
Archer:
When was the last time you went on the server?
Thanks!

2007-04-28 13:12:10

Well, as of now things are stil the same server wise at Bpc, ----- a welcome to bpc programs notice, and then lots of tv adds (though I'm impressed there's stuff about the V series on ther!).

anyway, sinse I haven't heard anything over audeasy or on this forum about Munawar taking down bpc again, I hope things will be fixed soon.

tournament was vaguely interesting, but I'd really prefer a full real time audio beat em up rather than yet another turn based game (there are enough of those in brouser rpg's anyway).

I did rather like the fact that Tournament used a lot of good old Game music, like the Mk2 creddits theme and several tracks from Streetfighter. Maybe when Bpc comes back up i'll try it again.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-04-28 14:54:48

Why do some web sites all of a sudden have nothing but ads?

2007-04-28 15:21:35

Usually it's to do with whoever provides the server for the site. Either the webmaster has done something to exceed his/her bandwidth, or antagonized the server provider in some other way, or the site has been taken down and the server provider is using it as adds space.

I deffinately! hope it's not the latter.

2007-04-28 15:28:14

What the ****! It's all ads! Dora is on there, spongebob...
Weird huh? Or at least that's what I saw, and that "welcome... bpc programs soft ware..." background is nowhere to be seen. Huh? I demand bpc programs comes back...
smile
I hope the darned site! Comees! Back!

2007-04-29 12:48:28

what happens if ya click the links?
and... oh my god... spongebob! i liek spongebob, it's a fun program

2007-04-29 17:44:31

Ah, I like it too, it's kinda weird though.

2007-04-29 19:54:12

Hello,
Unfortunately, the website is currently not functioning properly--there seems to be some server trouble, but it is beyond my control. I am currently working with the host providers to resolve the issue. Thank you for your continued patience with this matter. I will write here when the site is running smoothly once more.
Munawar

2007-04-29 20:56:28

Oh yeah, the links take you to a crazy site. And thank you Munariar. Oops! Spelled it wrong. You can figure it out.

2007-04-29 21:22:14

Ah, cool, its not closed then? Nice.

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2007-04-30 07:48:40

i suppose that if it was closed once more we would be told about it earlier. well, it's good to see that the problem is being solved.

2007-04-30 22:35:26

Hi people!
I have two questions about Tournament:
1) Why are the music files in a very low quality?
2) Where are these songs from?
bye,
Lord_Raven

2007-05-01 07:18:07

if memory serves it is in the addendum file where you can read it. to make things clear i'll post it here, just so you don't have to run notepad and go all the way to that directory. smile
well, they're working on the quality of the music, many people were not liking it but there was no time to add more ie, with cloning malice II and all at the door, i'd really like to hear some of the tunes in higher quality. i must say though the music, if we ignore the quality, is very good.
I'm ending this post now since the latest version of internet explorer is somehow giving me several spelling errors.