2007-04-21 10:56:31

Hi,

I've DynaMan installed on my system for a couple of days now, and I could say that it's typically a "once you get the hang of it, it's cool"-thingy. One thing that I don't like though: the scanner system. It's confusing.

Are there others on this playground who happen to have DynaMan, and what about it?

2007-04-21 13:44:35

Because that's not normal usage. Is there someone else who's played it?

2007-04-21 16:48:24

Yes there's one maze background that produces a rather confusing sound, but lucky me, I can turn that off.

2007-04-21 19:13:33

By either reading the manual or just hitting A.

2007-04-21 21:51:17

It'll turn off the non-vital background sounds. And that can be very useful, especially in one of the mazes.

2007-04-25 19:44:26

Cracking games produced by small companies isn't good, especially in such a limited markit as audio games, especially as it might mean more draconian protection measures such as those Vip gameszone use (it's a pest that I can't install Galaxy ranger on my laptop).

but anyway, dynaman! andy read the manual, there are lots of useful keys, especially concerning sound, ----- though personally I rather enjoy the background ambience in Dynaman.

I enjoy the game, which is odd sinse packman style games aren't usually my thing. I think in the case of Dm though, I like the fact that different mazes are available for you to explore. I also like the scanner, sinse it gives you a really good overview and is deffinately something I think other audio games could use. Davy, there's a very good main menue review of Dynaman that explains lots of game functions including how the scanner works. Just Go here to the main menue page list your links, search for esp soft works and listen to the main menue program before it in the links list.

I do wish some people would make more mazes for the game though, ----- but I suppose that counts me as well, sinse I haven't made any. Stil, extra Dm mazes would be fun.

On another point though, some updates in dynaman gameplay might be nice, including keys and doors, and more enemies (maybe with more ways of dealing with them), at the moment I think the protection system is far too easy.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-04-25 21:51:00

I know about that review, it's quite good indeed.

2007-04-25 22:17:23

well i like dynaman but i haven't really got intoit as i don't like pacman style games very much, i might check it out though.

2007-04-25 23:04:39

Well as I said Arjan, Packman style isn't really my thing either, ----- Packman talks is the only gma game I haven't! bought, but I'd deffinately recommend Dyna man, especially considdering the different mazes.

It's also rather nice to have both Dyna man and Esp pinball extreme, sinse the revenge of Shock-ra obviously happens after Dynaman.

As it's obviously an arcade style game I suppose it doesn't really matter, but I'd deffinately like a bit more information on who exactly Dyna man, the sparks brothers and shock-ra are, and why precisely collecting electrons is important.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-04-26 07:05:07

well maybe your a shocky little lifeform that eats electric things and those sparks brothers can send a blast of light to kill you, shock-ra is i believe just a sister of those evil little dudes, thusthe same thing but older and more powerful.
yeah that often happens in games of draconis/esp/adora, where games come back in other games. ie, alien invasion/outback, sudwerks/wild west/extreme wild west/whoopass, the brawl thing, monkey business monkeys in pbx, old man stanley in his house and in christmass whoopass, to name a few.

2007-04-26 11:43:32

Yep, I like the recurring plots in Draconis, it certainly keeps things interesting.

but I'd stil like a litle more background info about who dyna man and co are, ------ in the manual it mentions something about the Sparks bross trying to take over the electronic universe (whatever that means), and that Dynaman was created accidentally.

but then again, it's a rack up score style game so I suppose extra information isn't really too necessary, it's just always been something I prefer in longer games.

2007-04-26 13:03:39

One thing that I don't like though is that when you lose all your lives, your saved game is erased. Thus you have to do everything over.

2007-04-26 18:17:08

Well that's sort of necessary in this type of game, otherwise you could just continually save and restore games and effectively never die.

In a game like Dyna man, the save function isn't to save from you having to replay the early levels, but just a way to give you a break if your game is going on for a looooooong! time.

I sometimes wish some of the pinball Extreme tables had a similar function.

2007-04-26 18:58:59

Oh yeah, but it could be useful. A system like in Alien Outback where you can choose on what level you'd like to start would be great as well. Good for practice on Sparx/coins.

2007-04-27 22:48:56

And another time: the manual is a great place to be.

2007-04-27 23:50:34

As is the Draconis site for the Dyna man Grid creator program.

andy, you really ought to support the developers with cash for the game, even if it is possible to crack the registration code. while I have no objection to pyrating Cd's and such where the individuals who made it don't exactly lose out, cracking software produced by very small companies ----- often struggling for cash, really isn't a good idea. how do you expect Draconis to develope more games if they can't pay for sound libraries etc? or are hugely in debt? it's rather hard to develope accessible games if the balifs have carted off your Pc.

If you like Alien outback that much, you really ought to pay for the game, ----- and probably dyna man as well.

2007-04-28 07:33:33

i can't just say more then, exactly. if you crack games, then you'll have to stick to those games. no new games because: no money for sound libraries, no money for developing, no money for music, nothing. and eventually, audiogames will become the audiogames that they were ten years ago: stupid card games and such. you really ought to behave yourself on a forum.

2007-04-28 10:45:32

To join this conversation, I'm certainly going to buy Ral Racer when it comes out, mostly because I know the prices of dedicated servers. By the way, that won't be too long from now, there's a new spot on the site and the demorelease is announced to be quite soon. Oh, and the full release does either. W00t!

2007-04-28 12:59:21

Indeed servers are expensive to run, ----- and remember Draconis have a score posting system to support, not to mention their games and blog activities (I'm not a blogulous person myself, but I know some people like that sort of thing).

then, apart from all the actual expense of making audio games, there's the ethical question. If someone has put a lot of time and trouble into making something, which you enjoy, paying them (or giving donations), is a very good way of showing your appreciation and not being a selfish git. Of course, my stand on big companies who screw over the creators of things for extra profit is rather different, but when your actually dealing with the creator yourself, acknolidging what they do and helping them do more is a good plan.

this is why I quite often make donations to websites that I like, such as Project.aon.

Of course, if you don't like something, then don't pay for it or donate to it (I probably won't be subscribing to Gothador for example), but that's up to you.

2007-04-28 16:31:46

As for DM, I haven't played that yet.  I considered buying it at one time for its joystick support, but then someone told me it's kinda like Pack Man, so that made me think if it's anything like Pacman Talks it'd be a bit much for me.  The demo was enough for me on that game.  I just think a 3D Pack Man game like that is kinda weird.

I agree about the cracking/pirating games thing too...don't do it.  However, I think that alot of the demos don't give you much to play with.  I think all game demos should just be limitted by time, like VIPGamesZone has been doing lately.  I've played several game demos, such as TPA and PBX, that I really liked, but I wondered that if I bought the full game I would end up liking it.  I know some of the newer video game systems do offer some playable demos, but when you rent a game, you get to play as much of the game as you want for 5 or 7 days or whatever it is now.  Back when I used to rent SNES or NES games it was anywhere from 1-5 days, depending on where and when you rented the game from. I wasn't just limitted to playing the first level or few levels of a game, and there were a few games I later bought or had given to me after I'd rented them.  I rented Contra a bunch though, only because I couldn't find anywhere to buy it. LOL

Hmmm, or what about having the demos the way they are, but also offering the full unlocked game for a limitted amount of time, like 21 days, and have that money go toward purchasing the game if you decided you liked it enough.  That way, you could just pay the rest of the full price of the game, kinda like FS does with the JFW timed evaluations you can get.

Just tossing ideas out...  Thoughts?
Brian